Welcome to the Bipolar Babes Website
The Bipolar Babes Project has a true grassroots history founded by Andrea Paquette, who created a Bipolar Babe t-shirt and the original Bipolar Babe website to share her personal experience, so others did not have to suffer in silence like she once did. Her efforts led to meeting many supportive and dedicated individuals in the local Victoria community who formed The Bipolar Disorder Society of British Columbia in 2010.
The Bipolar Disorder Society of British Columbia is the umbrella organization for the Bipolar Babes programs and is a registered Canadian Charity since 2010. The Bipolar Disorder Society of BC has designed programs providing mental health awareness, education and peer support for those facing mental health challenges in hopes of eliminating stigma and unwarranted fears of mental illness with a special focus on youth.
Our Vision, Mission, and Values
The Bipolar Babes Programs Encompass the Bipolar Disorder Society of British Columbia’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Knowledge, understanding, education and support
- Respect, dignity and integrity
- Open dialogue
- Community – partnerships and collaboration
- Grass roots leadership
- Facilitating self-empowerment, self- esteem, self-worth and self-determination
- Transparency, accountability, authenticity and honesty
- Inclusion of lived experiences
Thank you from the Bipolar Babes Team!